Friday, July 11, 2008

Washington D.C.

Today my family and Grandma and Grandpa went to D.C. We had a really good time. We left at about 11 o'clock. We rode the metro up to the Mall (a big park). We went to the National Air and Space Museum first. It was really cool. There were a lot of hands on things there. We ate lunch at the food court there as well. I have to tell you it was EXPENSIVE!!!!! After lunch we visited the second floor and had a pleasant surprise. We met two senior missonaries from our church that were from Spanish Fork UT (or something like that, you'll have to the grandparents or my mom to give you the details.) This couple also knew somebody that grandma, grandpa, and my mom knew (you'll also have to ask them). After that museum we went to the Indian History. It was really boring. I liked the Air and Space Museum a lot better. It was really fun today and especially to see Grandma and Grandpa's reaction to the metro.

3 comments:

Ceci said...

i found both of them boreing. i didnt want to go in the first place. the Air and Space Museum was crowded and was really big and was about airplanes and smart stuff. and the Indian one looked really kewl. idk. im just not into that type of stuff.

Tina said...

Oh you two!!! Glad you had a great day, even though you were bored part of the time. The last two times we were at the Air and Space Museum the hands-off section was closed . . . glad it is open again, that is my kids favorite section.

King Family said...

The Air and Space museum is my favorite! I really liked all the hands on stuff too. I always had to have astronaut ice cream when I went. Yummy!!